Goals provide users with the ability to chart and track their progress on a variety of objectives, from social posts to SEO.
To View the Goal Area
1. Select Track
2. Select Goals
3. You should now see a summary callout of all Goals, the total number of Objectives, the Average Number of Objectives per goal, and the Average Percentage Completion of each goal. Additionally, there is one table, Goals, which contains the cursory information on the goal progress.
The Goal table view displays
1. The Name of the Goal
2. The Percentage Complete of the Goal
3. The total number of Objectives
To Add (or Create) a New Goal
1. Select Create Goal from the top right
2. Enter the Name
3. Select a Campaign. Multiple campaigns can be applied to goals. A goal must have a campaign associated with it.
4. Enter the Due Date. This is a datestamp by which users hope to have fully completed the goals and all objectives.
5. Select Add Objectives to add constraints for the goal. Multiple objectives can be added to one goal.
6. Select Add User/Group to include users and groups of users to receive notifications when objectives completion and goal completion.
Objectives can entail -
1. Alexa Rank - which displays the overall rank of your website amidst all other websites.
2. Average Page Score - the average SEO score based on predetermined SEO criteria
3. Blog Posts - the total number of blog posts based on the blog applied via the connector
4. Emails - the total number of automated emails sent out from Spectate
5. Facebook Likes - the total number of "Likes" from your unique account on the social networking site, Facebook
6. Inbound Links - the total number of backlinks to your page. A higher number of backlinks/inbound links encourages a better page rank on search engine results
7. Pages - the total number of pages on your site
8. Pages Indexed - the total number of pages index by the Spectate engine
9. Social Posts - the total number of social posts sent out via the Spectate connectors
10. Twitter Followers - the total number of accounts following you on the social networking site, Twitter
11. Weekly Tweets - the total number of posts, or tweets, from your unique account on the social networking site, Twitter
12. Weekly Retweets - the total number of reposts, or retweets, from other accounts based on original posts, or tweets, from your unique account on the social networking site, Twitter
13. Weekly Page Views - the total number of page views generated in a current week through multiple visitors with multiple sessions
14. Weekly Visitors - the total number of visitors to your site in a current week. This is based off the analytics generated from the tracking code
15. Weekly Leads - the total number of leads generated in a current week. This is based on lead identification through form submissions, emails, and other tracked activity
- Select the goal by its name from the Goals table
- The Goal Information table displays the completion date of the current goal.
- The Objectives table displays all current objectives for your current goal:
- Object or the associated account/connector for that objective
- Start or the total number at the time of goal creation
- Current or the total number at the current time
- % Complete or the current progress on the objective
Edit the Goal
1. To edit, select Edit goal from the top left. Alternatively, users can select Edit from the row of any table containing the goal.
2. Follow steps #2-6 in the Add Goal section
3. Select Save Changes to complete the task. Select Cancel to nix the task.
Copy the Goal
1. To copy, select Copy from the top left.
2. You should now see the edit dialog box inline. Enter the Name. Names cannot be duplicated.
3. Select Copy to complete the task. Select Cancel to nix the task.
History of the Goal
1. To view the history of all activity involved with the goal, select History from the top left.
2. The recently modified activity will display within the table.
3. Select Cancel from the top right to remove the inline history table and nix the task.
Delete the Goal
1. To delete, select Delete from the top left.
2. A prompt box will appear asking if the user is sure to delete the goal. Select OK to complete the task and delete the goal or Cancel to nix the task.