- Editing the Competition Module
- Copying the Competition Module
- History of the Competition Module within the System
- Refresh the Data of the Competition Module
- Deleting the Competition Module
Competition provides users with an opportunity to see unique SEO data regarding Google optimization and ranking information of competitors.
To view the Competition area -
1. Select Track
2. Select Competition
3. You should now see a summary callout of all Competitors, the Average Number of Google Indexed Pages, the Average Number of Google Inbound Links, and the Average Alexa Ranking. Additionally, there are two tables, Competition, which contains the information of your base competition, and Competitors, which automatically populates with a list of possible competitors based on the information from Competition.
The Competition table view displays -
1. The Name
2. The URL
3. The number of Competitors
The Competitors table view displays -
1. The Name
2. The number of Google Indexed Pages
3. The number of Google Inbound Links
4. The Google PageRank
5. The Alexa Ranking
To add (or create) new Competition to track
1. Select Create Competition from the top right
2. Enter the Name
3. Enter the URL of the base competition. For this field, users can use either their own site URL (recommended) or use the URL of any competitor. Selecting the Find related sites link will pull in competition based on a related site search.
4. Select a Campaign. Multiple Campaigns can be applied to Competition.
5. To add Competitors manually, select the Add Competitor link. This will open a new group, consisting of the Name and URL fields, inline.
6. To add Alerts, select the Add User/Group link. This will allow individual users or groups of users to be alerted when competitor information changes.
7. Select Create to complete the task. Select Cancel to nix the task.
- Select the Site from the Competition table by Name
- The Competition includes a chart of data variably by Timeframe. This chart displays how your site compares with the Competitors for several categories. These categories are also utilized by the Competitors table:
- Google Indexed Page
- Google Inbound Links
- Google PageRank
- Alexa Rank
Edit the Competition Module
1. To edit, select Edit competition from the top left. Alternatively, users can select Edit from the row of any table containing the Competition.
2. Follow steps #2-6 in the Add Competition section
3. Select Save Changes to complete the task. Select Cancel to nix the task.
Copy the Competition Module
1. To copy, select Copy from the top left.
2. You should now see the edit dialog box inline. Enter the Name. Names cannot be duplicated.
3. Select Copy to complete the task. Select Cancel to nix the task.
History of the Competition Module
1. To view the history, select History from the top left.
2. The recently modified activity will display within the table.
3. Select Cancel to nix the task.
Refresh the Competition Module
1. To refresh the available competition and possible competitors, select Check now from the top left.
2. The module will automatically update.
3. A green bar will display if the task completed. A red bar will display if there was an error.
Delete the Competition Module
1. To delete, select Delete from the top left.
2. A prompt box will appear asking if the user is sure to Delete the Competition Module. Select OK to complete the task or Cancel to nix the task.