Our support has moved to: here

Forms set up to email someone that's not a Spectate user?

lauren.fraser

01 Oct, 2013 06:07 PM

Is there any way to set up a form ins Spectate to email someone that isn't a Spectate user?

We are wanting to set up an appointment request form (inside Spectate) and track the usage through Spectate, but the person that would actually be scheduling the appointments isn't a Spectate user. I know we can export the form data as csv, but I'd like a solution that doesn't require someone to complete any additional actions for the schedule to get the form.

Thanks,
Lauren

1. 1 Posted by Kat on 01 Oct, 2013 06:13 PM

Hey Lauren,
    It's not currently possible to just add an email on an ad hoc basis. It's an interesting idea, though. As a workaround, you could create that user without notifying them of the fact that they have a login.
    Thanks,
    Kat

2. 2 Posted by lauren.fraser on 01 Oct, 2013 06:30 PM

Thanks for the quick reply Kat. If I set them up as a user, would I need to check the option to "Send email alerts"? when I'm setting them up?

3. 3 Posted by Kat on 01 Oct, 2013 06:44 PM

Yes, you would. Come to think of it, this would then also send the user an email alert, notifying that a login has been created for them...

4. 4 Posted by lauren.fraser on 01 Oct, 2013 07:21 PM

No problem. I can just send out an email letting them know they can disregard the email.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Bradley on 01 Oct, 2013 07:24 PM

Another approach might be to create a "listserv" user that can broadcast these types of alerts to multiple users at once. I'm not sure how many of these uses you have in mind.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac