Our support has moved to: here

Options for Reporting

Darren

26 Jun, 2013 04:31 PM

Here is the situation:

Several departments would like to take advantage of the Shortlink and QR codes generated by Spectate. They would either create their own links, or request one and have be sent to them to use.

They will also want to log in and look at the tracking data.

What is your best practice for handling this?

Do most Spectate clients have a single source in the organization create requested shortlinks, so a continuity is maintained? Or do they generally let anyone with a "sales" level account go in and create whatever assets they want?

Are there user levels available that just allow for someone to look at tracking data for specific (but not all) campaigns? Can they do this and yet be kept from creating shortlinks?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Bradley on 02 Jul, 2013 02:55 PM

Hi Darren,

I would venture to say that our clients probably do it a variety of ways.

Is there concern about giving these users the "Manager" role and allowing them to create and manage their own Custom Links?

There is not currently a role that does exactly what you're describing in Spectate. You could create the users in the "Sales" role but this will only allow them to go in and view the dashboard numbers. You can filter what Campaigns they see using the Exclude Campaigns option under their user account. However, they will not be able to see the Custom Links section at all so they wouldn't be able to see specific metrics for specifics links.

Let me know what other questions I can help answer.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac