Our support has moved to: here

Roles - add limited capabilities

Darren

24 Jun, 2013 03:51 PM

I'd like to see a role somewhere between Sales and Manager. What would be ideal, is to have checkboxes by the abilities you'd like to allow. The goal being that some users, as it is now, will be given too many abilities for the campaign, and some things you just don't want them to be able to do.

In our case, we have individuals who we would like to allow to create custom links, and view the statistics related to them. Nothing else. It would be nice to have the option to click

Related, could you also consider the option select which campaigns as user should be "included in" rather than list the "excluded from"?
Currently, it seems you can only exclude a user from a campaign. We have a LOT of campaigns. This could br very time-consuming if you have multiple campaigns and just want the user in one. The option to *include* would be a real time-saver.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Bradley on 29 Jan, 2014 04:05 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, Darren. I agree that we could make our Roles a little more granular.

We're also discussing exposing some of this functionality directly to users in Cascade via Spectate's API. For example, users could create Custom Links on the fly in Cascade's WYSIWYG as opposed to going into Spectate.

For the users that only need to create and view stats on links, do you see any reason for them to need access to Spectate directly if that info was available in Cascade?

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by Darren Denham on 06 Feb, 2014 05:44 PM

Hi Bradley,

You said: For the users that only need to create and view stats on links, do you see any reason for them to need access to Spectate directly if that info was available in Cascade?

Some of our users have put Spectate links into campus messages, PDFs and other materials that are not Cascade pages. So, for those folks, they would need some method of getting to the statistics.

I do like the idea of Cascade giving the option to track links. But I’d want it to be an Admin option where we could either switch it on per user or per page.

Back to the original topic, if there was a connection (tab) on the Cascade Dashboard that could pull in their user’s specific Spectate stats, that would be ideal. I don’t like creating accounts and passwords on Spectate (just more to keep up with for users) so if that unified the signon process, that would be nice. (daydreaming, but why not?)

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac