Our support has moved to: here

Files - Editing inline -> keep changes in line, too.

caitlin.vonhedemann

08 Aug, 2012 08:57 PM

As it is currently, when you click "Edit" from the main Files screen, the editable option show up in line on that page (just below the existing File information. When you change something and click "Save Changes", you get taken to the File's detail screen to see the changes propagated. You have to click Files in the left-hand Nav to get back into the Files Page.

If you're able to make the changes in line, then the changes should appear inline too, I think. You can already go into the detail screen and make changes there that also propagate there, but if an inline option is offered, then the changed should stay inline as well.

What I want to see is that green bar "Your changes have been made successfully"appear in line on the main files page, with any title changes (or file size changes) appearing immediately in the File page. I recognize that since we only show certain information on the Files main page, then some changes you can make inline (like assigning a new campaign) wouldn't "show" on that main Files page, so that's where the green bar would be indicative that those changes were made.

https://my.spectate.com/marketing/files

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Bradley on 09 Aug, 2012 02:27 PM

So, clicking save would:

• Save the changes
    • Show an indicator that the changes were saved
    • Show the list of files as it was before the user clicked edit with updated info for any of the datatable columns that should be updated and also be at the same point in the list if possible
  2. 2 Posted by caitlin.vonhede... on 09 Aug, 2012 02:31 PM

Yes, exactly.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Bradley on 21 Aug, 2013 09:00 PM

Closing until there's more demand.

4. Bradley closed this discussion on 21 Aug, 2013 09:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac