Our support has moved to: here

Lead assignment - make it easier and more visible to users

Bradley

23 Feb, 2012 05:26 PM

Lead assignment is used sparingly right now. Let's discuss how we could increase adoption and present the information to users in a useful way.

1. 1 Posted by holly.wright on 23 Feb, 2012 05:47 PM

I believe that lead assignment is very underused in Spectate because the functionality needed for assignments to be beneficial is not yet there. In fact, the ability to assign leads is in itself misleading because assigning a lead does virtually nothing--currently. If we built out the surrounding functionality around lead assignment, the benefits of lead assignment would become much more obvious and adoption rates would greatly increase.

Here are my suggestions:

• When a lead is assigned to a user, send that user an email notification of the assignment and the related information about that lead (creation date, recent activity, page views, etc.),
    • When a lead that has been assigned to someone returns to the site or otherwise interacts with the company online (landing pages, sopos, custom links, etc.), send the assigned user a notification of that activity,
    • When users that have leads assigned to them log into spectate, they should be able to see a lead table that shows the recent activity of ONLY the leads that have been assigned to that user (sorted by last activity), and
    • When marketers review new leads on a regular basis, they should easily be able to tell which leads have been assigned to users and which have not (in a lead table sorted by created date).

These items may seem independent of each other, but I believe we need all four of these functions in place within Spectate in order for leads to be efficiently reviewed and assigned and for sales reps to get the most out of all the information Spectate can provide them about their prospects. I don't think we'll see any increased adoption of lead assignment until there is a reason to assign leads. We probably shouldn't even advertise that we have lead assignment until it means something.

Note: If we can filter leads by assignee rather than having that column in the leads datatable, I think that would take care of the third and fourth items above.

2. Bradley closed this discussion on 26 Mar, 2013 09:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac